-->

Wednesday 18 July 2012

San Diego Comic-Con 2012

For any geek the yearly San Diego Comic-Con is a dream come true. A homing beacon calling all those with a penchant for dress up, science fiction, cartoons and 80's movies. A haven for those that quote Disney films and know the back-story of every comic super hero. And a refuge for those that own plastic sonic screwdrivers and wish they were married to Joss Whedon. 

The 2012 Con has just passed, and the interwebs are awash with incredible cosplay photos, so I thought I would share some of my favourites :)
Note to self: save up money, fly to America and attend Comic-Con for next holiday destination. Good plan, self...

Tattooed Wolverine, anyone?

How about some Tony Stark action?

Or a super authentic Michelle Pfeiffer inspired Cat Woman?

NO Comic-Con is complete without a little Doctor Who.
(Or without pretty ladies in ridiculously revealing outfits!) :P

There are some truly incredible cosplay photos on the interwebs right now, the best of which can be found here at geekologie.com. 

The 2012 San Diego Comic-Con's panel line up was immensely drool worthy, and I am insanely jealous of all those that attended this year. 

Not just because of this guy...

But srsly, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG...

Or even these guys...

SQUEEEEE!!!!

But because of THIS: The Firefly 10 year anniversary panel.


OH. MY. GOD.

I have no words. None. This is... it... Oh my... WOW.

While I may be rendered tongue tied by the sheer awesomeness oozing out of every pixel of the above image, the Firefly panellists themselves had plenty to say. You can watch the clip here on youtube.

For any Comic-Con fanatics and lovers of all things geeky, I also thoroughly recommend checking out Epbot. It's by the wonderful lady from Cake Wrecks, and one of the best blogs on all the interwebs.

You also really need to read her post about this year's San Diego Comic-Con, as it includes some brilliant photos AND a very funny clip of Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin pashing Zachery Levi. It's something no geek should go without seeing.

But for me the greatest thing to come out of this year's Comic-Con is this one photo:


THE DOCTOR AND MAL!!!
Who knew so much awesome could exist in one photo??!!

I seriously swooned so hard over this I nearly injured myself.

Actually you know what? Just looking at it again now is making me a little light-headed. I'm gonna go lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...