-->

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Coconut Cupcakes!!!



Here's a recipe for coconut cupcakes that's simple and quick to make (2 of my absolute favourite adjectives when it comes to baking cupcakes... Or really anything. Ever).

So, here's the recipe:

And here's what you do...

Soften the butter in the microwave and stir in sugar until creamy and delicious. (Seriously, how good is butter and sugar mixed together??! Drool...) Add the eggs and vanilla essence. Fold in the coconut and flour alternatively with milk, then spoon mixture into patty pans and bake for around 15 minutes at 180c. 

Boom! Done!

Easy, no?

This recipe makes around 18 cupcakes.

The coconut flavour is quite mild, so if you're after something stronger opt for dessicated coconut over shredded - or chuck some coconut into the icing. Actually, that's not a bad idea...

I'm quite excited because I'm using the coconut cupcakes I made as the recipe for my zoo animal and Doctor Who cupcake designs (which I'll be posting very soon!)


These coconut cupcakes are so good you can just eat them straight out of the oven. Now, I'm usually pretty pedantic with my cupcakes and demand a nice, unhealthy dollop of buttercream icing on top before I go crazy on them, but these are just as good plain. 

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't go to town with icing if that's your thing... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...