-->

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Rainy Tuesday

I had some big plans for today's post... But when I woke up and it was pouring down with rain outside I thought my time was better spent sat in bed, eating Nutino on toast and watching Murder She Wrote.

Incidentally the best Murder She Wrote ever, by the way: Ireland. Ghosts. Lost treasure. Dungeons. Jessica Fletcher had her hands full in this one, I can tell you.

Oh yeah, I should probably mention I have an insane obsession with crime dramas. Seriously, I watch everything from Criminal Minds to Rosemary and Thyme

But anyway, I'm digressing. Eventually I got around to getting some work done. And then I made enchiladas for lunch. And then my husband and I ended up going to the zoo. 

See, we live a 10 minute walk away from Melbourne Zoo. How cool is that?! And we love the zoo, so one of the first things we did when we moved here was join FOTZ (Friends of the Zoo). It cost us about $65 each, and gives us free entry to Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary, Taronga Zoo in Sydney and Perth Zoo for a year as well as 15% off at all the zoo shops.  

That's a lot of zoo.

And that's where we found ourselves this afternoon. It's where we find ourselves a lot.

Right about now you might be wondering why we went on a rainy day... Well, 2 reasons.
1 - the animals always seem to be super active when the weather's bad. No idea why, but there it is.
2 - less people. Walking around there today it felt like our own private zoo.

And so, since I got distracted by zoo animals, today's real post will be up tomorrow. Here's a sneak peek:


The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in cake form!

Well... the lamppost, anyway. I was trying to think of a nice, simple way to represent the book on cake (I mean, who hasn't done that, right?) when I came up with this. But more on that tomorrow. Now I'm going to weigh up buying pizza for dinner (cos it's perfect lazy, rainy day food) over cooking food we already have  in the house (since we're pretty strapped for cash and are meant to be trying to save money)...

You know what? Pizza wins.

Damn it! Every time! Where are you, will power?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...