-->

Thursday 19 April 2012

Harry Potter cupcakes

Hi there! Welcome to my blog :)

I should say right now: this blog has nothing to do with trees. Or quandongs. Or quandong trees. I just liked the sound of it.

When I first came up with the idea of writing a blog, I couldn’t decide what it should be about. Eventually it dawned on me: why don’t I make my blog about EVERYTHING? Well, everything I’m interested in, anyway. So if you’re into colouring, well travelled sheep, decorated desserts, cartoons and dismembered zombie limbs, you’ve come to the right place. 

That will all make sense to you later, I promise.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd kick off with some Harry Potter cupcakes:





All together now...



Hedwig is my favourite. But you know what's funny? The reality of the situation I'd created didn't set in until my husband went 'can I eat Hedwig?' And that's when I realised 'oh my God. I've created Hedwig with the express purpose of eating her.' While I was contemplating the kind of monster I had become, my husband took Hedwig and, sticking out his tongue and making an elongated 'yeeegh' noise, slowly licked her eyeball.

We then devoured her pretty quickly cos those cupcakes were  
damn tasty. 

I'll have the cupcake recipe and decoration details in the next couple of posts :)




3 comments:

  1. And just like that I have a craving for delicious Owl Meat Pies. Well done... TO THE OWLERY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I LOVE your Hedwig! Totally copying that next time I have a Harry Potter party (um... which MAY OR MAY NOT happen on a semi-regular basis... with or without other people... ahem..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And there is NO shame in Harry Potter parties (with or without other people). I had a Harry Potter feast for my 21st (including 3 different roasts!) and may or may not continue to jump on even the flimsiest of reasons to do anything Harry Potter related. Case in point: I'm gonna start a blog! What should my first post involve? HARRY POTTER.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...